Saturday, July 22, 2006

55/365

An easy, yet complicated one.

I'd spent most of the early afternoon in Wycombe, getting my hair cut, going to the bank, dodging the rain thinking on a couple of occasions 'hmm, thats 365tastic'

Then i got home and got a call from a friend that he'd heard a rumour that another friend of ours had shot himself. The guy lives in Cumbria so we rarely see eachother but are in regular phone contact. The rumour was on a internet message board that we all use (yes...i know!). We'd been out of phone contact for a couple of weeks, which was the length of time mentioned in the rumour, and no one had spoken to him since the 11th. In the end after exhausting all other avenues, we called Cumbria police, and they sent a car round.

He was fine. His phone connection was gubbed, hence his lack of internet or telephonic activity, and someone had obviously put two and two together and made 87. It all seems a bit silly now, but in those hours, when i alternativly convinced myself it was true, and then that it just couldn't be it was awful. I was literally face down on my bedroom floor begging with the Lord (he's not saved) for my friend.

I never thought hearing another man's voice would make me go weak at the knees (especially not this man's voice!), but half an hour ago it really really did. So there's my 365, hearing the voice of a friend who i thought i'd lost forever.

saturday night's alright for fighting/dancing in O'Neills

1 Comments:

Blogger becci brown said...

wow...thats the most profound 365 yet. brings real meaning to the project!

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home